Superlite Coupe / SLC
The idea to build a Super car had been rolling around in my head for a long time, and in the past few years it seems like the automotive world has gone Supercar crazy. Nearly every enthusiast magazine and TV show are constantly comparing high-dollar super cars, and virtually every OEM manufacturer offers some sort of Supercar. Mercedes, Jaguar, Austin Martin, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Corvette, Viper, the list goes on and on of vehicles that everybody dreams about…….but the average person can’t afford. Unfortunately the aftermarket didn’t offer a lot of options for a guy that may want to build his own supercar. Now granted, there are a lot of quality kit cars out there that are replicas of famous race and exotic cars, but finding a true original Supercar that a person could build in his own garage was as elusive as a finding a Unicorn or the Fountain of Youth.
So, What IS a Supercar? Well, if we use the criteria that the above mentioned cars have set, it would:
1. Be a car that will have the capability of running upwards of 185MPH all day long, and do it safely…..with the A/C blowing cold and the stereo crankin’.
2. It has to LOOK exotic. Something that just grabs people’s attention when it pulls in, and looks like nothing else on the street.
3. It has to be loaded with state of the art technology and engineering, both inside and out.
When I found the SL-C at Superlite Cars, and saw the engineering and craftsmanship that went into the design and construction of the chassis, suspension, and body, I knew I had found the car that people would want to see go together on the show. Anytime you can build a car for around 70 grand, (the cost of a new Z06 Corvette) that will run with four and five hundred thousand dollar exotics…… you’ve got something special, and truly one of the best performance car bargains on the market. Don’t believe me? Well listed below is what comes with the kit. For a more detailed list check out the Superlite Cars website. Then after that, we’ve got the list of all the parts we are adding to the project. Check it out! The car speaks for itself…..and you KNOW you want to build one!
Included In The Kit
The Chassis under the SL-C features all-aluminum construction with a true Monocoque tub in front and thru the cabin area. A rear frame and engine cradle is constructed out of aluminum square tubing to give the car incredible strength and rigidity, while at the same time keeping the weight down. All access panels are pre-drilled and all suspension components come pre-mounted. There are numerous custom panels as well as a Custom aluminum fuel tank that fit the body, so there is very little fabrication necessary to build an SL-C.
- Billet aluminum upper and lower control arms
- Billet hubs and spindles
- Disc brakes
- Rack and pinion steering
- QA1 Coil over shocks
- Electric lift kit to help car go over speed bumps.
- Lifts the front of the car 3” when activated
- Billet upper and lower control arms
- Billet hubs and spindles
- Pushrod style rear suspension
- QA1 Coilover shocks
Constructed using CNC-bent DOM seamless steel tubing and includes…..
- Windshield-area hoop with required brackets to bolt to monocoque
- Rear hoop over occupants with cross bar.
- Rear braces tied to rear suspension supports.
- Engine bay cross brace, including rod ends and brackets as needed to bolt to chassis.
AXLES, SHIFTER, COOLING SYSTEM
- High-performance axles rated for 1000 HP·
- Custom CNC billet engine-to-transaxle adaptor plate
- Cable gear shifter for either Ricardo or Porsche transaxles. Includes shifter and mount.
- Custom aluminum radiator, rated for 600+ HP
- Radiator mount hardware Twin electric fans
- stainless steel cooling tube kit- builder to provide silicone hose as needed for connections.
FUEL SYSTEM AND PLUMBING
- Custom aluminum baffled fuel tank with all necessary threaded fitment bungs and fuel filler inlet. Default capacity is about 18 gallons. Tank mounted behind seats and inside the chassis.
- Flush-mounted aluminum filler cap.
- Fuel Filler Neck
- Welded-on fuel-level flange
- Pre-bent brake and clutch lines
- complete fiberglass body, doors, and front and rear clips
- All hardware, hinges, latches, and strikers for doors, rear deck, etc.
- Custom side mirrors
- Custom headlights and tail lights
- Curved glass windshield
- Lexan side windows, engine cover, and headlight covers
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM AND LIGHTING
- Koso RX-2N with large analog tachometer (10,000 RPM)
- Specific fuel-level sender for Koso and SLC standard tank (not for other uses)
- Koso -specific oil and water temp senders
- Speed sensor for speedometer in Koso gauge
- Koso Wiring Loom Kit
- Koso-specific connections to ISIS harness as needed
- 2 Hella DOT-approved Projector Low beam headlights
- 2 Hella DOT-approved High beam headlights
- Pair DOT-approved, production quality tail lights.
- Pair LED front indicator lights, including connectors and necessary pigtails
- Pair Custom Mirrors with integrated LED turn signals, including wiring pigtails;
- Custom plug & play SLC-specific wiring harness to suit ISIS system.
- 2 ISIS Powercells
- 1 ISIS Mastercell
- 1 Key fob remote for security system in ISIS system
- All needed connectors, fuses, wire needed for ISIS system as designed
- Battery cables
- Direct-drive, single windshield wiper system with up to two speeds
- Air conditioner and heater
- Tilton Brake, clutch and throttle pedal assembly and wildwood master cylinders
- NEW GM steering column with full electric tilt and telescopic functions
- Fiberglass seats
- Carbon fiber interior panels – Doors, roof, kick, rear, rocker, and custom console.